Tuesday 24 June 2014

Journal Entries

Comments about a news story we watched and read about:
Bradi B. - I think it is very crazy, wrong, rude, unkind and unfair that people are stealing goose eggs from geese. People should respect nature and just slow down!

Emily - I think we should reduce the amount of cars instead of geese.

Jessica - You can fix a car all you want, but you can't rebuild a goose!

Prestyn - It's heart breaking. You can fix a car instead of killing nature.

Assiniboine Park Trip:
Jaden - Today I went to the Assiniboine Park Conservatory and Nature Playground.

Colton - First we learned about plant adaptations.

Oscar - We learned about plant adaptations, it's how they survive without important things to survive (food, water, space and sunlight).

Kiera - We got to go in their rainforest and we got to feel, look and touch red wigglers.

William - We had two presentations about plants and soil. We also ate lunch in the Nature Playground.

Holly - Did you know that there are plants that smell like mint and popcorn?

Ryker - I saw four turtles and a lot of fish. There was a turtle in the fish pond!

Elsir - I discovered an ant hill and red wigglers, that's a type of worm. We used trowels to dig things up.

Brady P. - It was disgusting playing with worms!

Braxton - My favourite part was when we went on a scavenger hunt in the indoor rainforest and we learned about adaptations. We also played Simon Says in the rainforest, it was fun.

Chase - I learned a lot more about plants than I used to know!

Things we learned:
Andreas - My favourite thing was chapter books like Charlotte's Web.

Sara - My favourite part of grade 3 was Charlotte's Web because it's a great book.

Talia - We learned how to use Keynote, it was fun! Everybody did a different country on Keynote and everybody tried.

Prestyn - This year in grade 3 I learned...of course how to speak French in French, Science, Math, Music, etc...

Juliana - This year my favourite activity was being with Mme DeSousa playing Bingo. We watched The Magic School Bus, it was awesome.

Carson - The things I liked the most in grade 3 was when we watched The Magic School Bus and Charlotte's Web and when we read Ramona the Pest. I liked doing the Keynote project.

Emily - This year my favourite activity was working in our book for handwriting. I like handwriting because it looks really fancy.

Cassidy - On Cinco de Mayo we ate lots of Mexican foods. We were reading Charlotte's Web and then we watched the movie. The end was heartbreaking.

Oscar - Also, I really liked gym, I got good exercise with M. Senecal. I will really miss Mme DeSousa.

Joshua - Grade 3 is almost over but my friends are still having fun. Everyday me and everybody are changing, we're becoming wiser and more mature. My favourite part in grade 3 is recorder at music class.

No comments:

Post a Comment